SailTimer Wind Instrument™ Features
● Wireless: no wires to install down the mast. Less noise and weight aloft.
● Solar-powered renewable energy; can run day & night indefinitely.
● The first wind cups designed for sailboats; the innovative blade shape maintains equal accuracy when sailing heeled over (unlike standard cup, ultrasonic and propeller anemometers).
● Advanced features, low price: order online for $350 with immediate delivery.
● The first masthead anemometer with a digital compass right in the wind direction arrow.
● That means you even get wind direction while docked or swinging at anchor, when GPS heading is not available.
● With new features in app updates on iOS & Android, the Wind Instrument actually becomes more useful over time.
● Off-switch for storage.
● SailTimer made the first masthead anemometer that transmitted to tablets/smartphones, and this is the newest version.
● 5th-generation includes silent, maintenance-free AirGap Axle™. It monitors solar charging and power consumption so that you can check the exact battery level at any time. Send air temperature to an app or online map.
● The first masthead anemometer that works with rotating masts.
● Simple set-up: calibration to the bow of your boat is not required.
● Provides a visual indicator of wind direction and wind angle, better than ultrasonic sensors that have no wind direction arrow.
● For sailboats of all sizes: keelboats, bluewater catamarans, centerboard sailing dinghies and even small multihulls (no 12-volt battery required).
● Small vertical design compared to the common horizontal structure, to prevent damage from large seabirds (and prevent bird droppings onto the boat below — major advantage!). Handheld size comparison.
● Better lightning protection with thermoplastic base and no wires coming down from the top of the mast.
● Masthead mount or portable with an L-bracket for walls/posts and adapter for 1/4″ tripod / Gorillapod / GoPro mount.
● Battery uses advanced design for unusually wide temperature range from tropical heat down to -40 degrees (C/F).
● Designed to work with third-party apps and hardware using the industry-standard NMEA 0183 format.
● Air Link accessory for plugging in to on-board wired marine electronics.
● Wind direction equally sensitive all the way around; no dead band at the end of the rotation as in wind direction sensors with potentiometers.
● Transmits every second.
● The first masthead anemometer with crowdsourcing of live wind maps.
● Even if your boat is already in the water, you can raise the Wind Instrument without having to lower or climb the mast. Another first!